Site Conversion is when visitors to your site ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH WITH A PURCHASE OR CONTACT.
For most websites, conversion ranking is very low. Think about how we surf the web....
- Click here, click there...
- I don't have much time to find the info/product I'm looking for...
- Click...Is that it? NO....Click...
- Is this relevant? Ummm maybe, but I'm tired of wading through this site to find out...Click
Over the past 10 years, Google has made it incredibly easy for us to find the info and products we need. Yeah Google!!! As a result, we have gotten very impatient. And let's face it. We really don't have much time.
Your website needs to openly and clearly describe what you are offering, along with all the relevant (yet neatly organized) associated information. Bounce Rate is the ratio of people who will click on your site and then immediately click off of it. Part of your Bounce Rate is simply from people who found your site through searching, but then realized that your site is not what they are looking for. Don't worry about these people.
But after folks have found your site and know that you are offering something in which they are interested, you really want to keep their attention, give them the information they need, and eventually convert them into a client or purchaser.
A Few Solid Site Conversion Tips
- Clear site organization with product presentation.
- Any critical info about the product needs to be on the product page.
- Easy-to-Read product information. Make sure your product pages are in a presentable format. Plenty of space and pictures help people feel comfortable and stay engaged.
- Replace any small or fuzzy pictures.
- Don't be afraid to include your prices.
- Add a Favicon. This makes your site look more legit.
- If you are selling products online, make sure you have an SSL certificate, so they can securely purchase without being afraid of having their information stolen.
In Conclusion: Don’t be overwhelmed by all this, or feel like you have to become an SEO expert in order to make progress. Simple, basic strategies will pay off, when implemented effectively.
This may take some time and hard work, but it’s well worth it!
My Suggestion: Determine a monthly budget for optimizing website conversion. Then do as much as possible within that framework. If you are doing some of the work in-house, schedule the time when you or your staff will actually work on the website. It will only happen if you make it happen.
If you'd like us to take a look at your website, Contact Us. We can help you make changes to effectively reach your target audience.