Sheena Archambault, Website Developer
I am a hard-working, quality-minded developer who constructs insightful solutions for everyday problems. I pay strict attention to detail. Like most programmers, my mental stimulation is driven by logical challenges. But unlike most, I am gifted with perceptive communication skills. I enjoy the process of extracting from end- users what they specifically want and need, even when they only have a general idea. And more importantly, I truly care about meeting needs and exceeding expectations.
- Joomla! CMS
- CSS, CSS3
- MS Office - Excel, Access, Word, PPT, plus a little VBA
- MySQL - Relational Database Structures
- E-Commerce (Virtuemart, OSCommerce, Zen Cart, Agoracart, Miva Cart)
- Paypal Payment Gateways
- Responsive Design
Freelance Web Developer - 2006 to Present
This Client uses a multi-site Joomla system to encapsulate several 'subsites' into one Portal.
Redesign for this site has recently been completed. They are using a system called Interchange.
This Joomla site is simple in design, but attracts quite a few people with the in-depth technical articles added by the client herself.
Built on Joomla, this site serves up news, events, photos and encouragement.
This site was redesigned with a Joomla back end. The clients wanted more control over their own site, so we set them up with Joomla and trained them on how to administer the site. The Zen Cart store is contained in a wrapper within Joomla. We also helped the clients transfer their active site to the new design. This was a time sensitive project, that went off without a hitch!
Between 2006 and 2009, I developed for BGDesign.us. Here are some of the websites I worked on. Some were new sites primarily developed by me, but most were modification and customization projects for existing sites.
- PolicePolygraph.org - CAPTCHA Implementation
- VillaVacations.net - Site Redesign
- ABCAForms.com - New Agoracart
- MountainTopRealty.com - Custom PHP Changes
- OmicronDelta.net - ASP.net Customizations
Software Technician at E.W. James & Sons, Union City, TN - 2005-2006
I produced a functional, web-based application known as 'Revolve'. This application handles deposits, reports sales information and creates the journal entries needed by the Accounting department for all deposit related items. Revolve consists of 7000+ lines of PHP, HTML and SQL code, hosted on an Apache web server and driven by a relational MySQL database.
- Determined program requirements by conducting rigorous conferences with the Accounting staff and other company officers
- Defined and documented functional specifications
- Designed a highly normalized 34-table MySQL database to serve as the data warehouse for the application
- Developed a method of data collection, and used this algorithm to populate the back-end database for the application
- Coded the entire application myself
- Trained test subjects in the use of the new technology
- Authored a User Guide and an Administrator Guide to accompany the software
Crystal Reports Administrator
Defined user requirements for reports and designed appropriate solutions
- Created new Crystal reports, improved existing reports, and helped users learn to use them
- Designed custom database views and SQL queries for the Oracle database, providing for more rapid reporting
- Administered the Crystal Enterprise report server, managing report schedules, and insuring the regular availability of reports throughout the company network
Excel Visual Basic Developer
- Created VB 6.0 macros for existing Excel applications, normalizing their design by replacing repetitive spreadsheet logic with code
- Maintained and updated Visual Basic macros
- Learned how to use Excel applications developed by former employees, then taught the accounting staff the same